Storm Christophe was in the midst of his final fling when I got up on Thursday, the window panes rattled and the rain bucketed down. The lads sat by the open front door and waited patiently and, by 7am, all was calm and they were finally able to escape the confines of the house. I did my Wii Fit workout, wrapped the overnight ebay sales and, whilst waiting for Jon to get up, managed to buy myself a pair of leather ankle boots I didn't really need but were too much of a bargain to resist.
![]() |
| Thursday's sunrise was somewhat ominous |
- The Runner - Peter May
- The Blue Nowhere - Jeffrey Deaver
- Speaking in Tongues - Jeffrey Deaver
- The Likeness - Tana French
- The Coffin Dancer - Jeffrey Deaver
- Personal Injuries - Scott Turow
- The Vanished Man - Jeffrey Deaver
- The Winner - David Baldacci
- Triangle - Jeffrey Deaver
- Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Alborn
- The Stone Monkey - Jeffrey Deaver
- Faithful Place - Tana French
- In The Woods -Tana French
- A Small Town in Germany - John Le Carre
- The Kashmir Shawl - Rosie Thomas
- Arthur & George - Julian Barnes
- A Rising Man - Abir Mukherjee
- Our Game - John Le Carre
- I'm Travelling Alone - Samuel Bjork
- Devotion - Louisa Young
- The Stationery Shop of Tehran - Marjan Kamali
- The Memory Box - Margaret Forster
- Snow Blind - Ragnar Jonasson
- A Good Place to Die - James Buchan
- The Distant Land of my Father - Bo Caldwell
- The Alienist - Caleb Carr
- In The High Pyrenees - Bernard Loughlin
- This Night's Foul Work - Fred Vargas
- Red 1-2-3 - John Katzenbach
- Fashion Victim - Michelle Lee
- All Greek To Me - John Mole
- The Greek For Love - James Chatto
- Spanish Lessons - Derek Lambert
- Exile - James Swallow
- The Lacuna - Barbara Bolsover
- Doors Open - Ian Rankin
- Night Blind - Ragnar Jonasson
- Wild Thyme in Ibiza - Stewart Anderson
- A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
- Life in a Box - Sarah Jane Adams
- Don't Look Back - Karin Fossum
- The Fourth Passenger - Mini Nair
- Midnight Blue - Simone Van der Vlugt
- Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows -Balli Kaur Jaswal
- The Ministry of Utmost Happiness - Arundhati Roy
- The Cairo Diary- Maxim Chattam
- The Given Day - Dennis Lehane
- The Devil in the Marshallsea - Antonia Hodgson
- The River King - Alice Hoffman
- The Mountain of Light - Claire Allen
- The Cathedral of the Sea - Ildefonso Falcones
- The Chemistry of Death - Simon Beckett
- Love is Blind - William Boyd
- A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
- Begging to Die - Graham Masterton
- Sanctus - Simon Toyne
- The King's Witch - Tracey Borman
(The books in bold are the ones I most enjoyed)
Tea was haloumi with roasted vegetables and cranberries (unusual but a success) accompanied by a cheeky beer. Later we watched the rest of Monster which I thoroughly recommend if you like your thrillers dark, icy cold & bloody and aren't offended by full frontal nudity.
On Friday morning I woke to a heavy frost. I did my final Wii Fit workout of the week, caught up with Blogland and, after checking the contents of the bathroom shelves, placed an order with Superdrug before breakfast.
My Wear:Sleep:Repeat challenge continues!
The details: A vintage bracelet with semi precious stones (gift from a fellow vintage trader), a fabulously chunky bejewelled cuff (charity shop), a Rajasthani enamel pendant and some silver bell earrings (from our much-missed festival neighbours Shilpa Silver aka Silver Bubble)
It was a glorious day, icy cold but who cares where there's sunshine and blue skies? I took advantage of the light and took some stock photos. Who says menswear has to be boring? A 1950s drape jacket, a 1970s velvet blazer featuring a fish print and the type of vintage sheepskin-lined antiqued leather flying jacket most of us cash-strapped students in 1980s Britain could only dream of owning.
It wasn't an easy task, next door's crazed tabby, Kitty, appeared on brick wall and tried to pounce on my pom pom.
We have it on good authority from Rob & Morgan, Kitty's humans, that Frank and she regularly sleep together, the saucy minx!
If you're wondering why I'm wearing wellies, it's because after I'd downloaded my photos, I met up with Liz for a socially distanced walk, whilst Jon & Al did the same. I'm not quite sure why I feel the need to keep emphasising the socially distanced bit, I'd like to think that everyone who pops over and visits my blog does the same.
![]() |
| Vintage sheepskin, 1970s sunglasses (Kinky Melon), Pom pom hat (crocheted by me!) |
We were looking for something for Liz to capture for her series of mini art pieces she's selling on her website HERE .
And talking of India this was a year ago today....
Standing on the roof of Jaisalmer Fort, looking out over the Thar Desert. Whilst neither of us can complain about living under lockdown or not living our lives as best as we possibly can despite the restrictions, I CANNOT fecking wait to get a jab, get on a plane and escape!
Anyway, it's Friday, it's rum o'clock and there's a dark Scandi Noir awaiting. Stay sane, stay safe and see you very soon.....




















0 Comments